At Nerja Paradise Rentals we understand the concerns around travelling during the Covid pandemic and after Brexit and as such want to provide as much information as possible to provide answers and reassure our clients wherever possible.
ARRIVING INTO SPAIN
You should check with the Spanish Embassy in your country of residence for current travel advice and restrictions for entry into Spain. Spain has adopted the EU Traffic Light approach to guide EU travellers who wish to travel to the country - check out https://reopen.europa.eu/en for more information. The UK is no longer part of the EU and so UK residents have different requirements - see the Spanish Embassy in London's website.
Spain is currently on the UK's "Amber list" of travel destinations meaning that testing and quarantine is required upon return to the UK. Follow current COVID-19 rules where you live: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
As of July 2020, all foreign nationals arriving in Spain must complete an FCS form and obtain a QR code. This is done online here: https://www.spth.gob.es/.
From the 7th June 2021, all foreign nationals arriving in Spain from a high risk country must have proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test within 72 hours of their arrival (see https://www.spth.gob.es/info-pcr).
TRAVEL INSURANCE MATTERS
Andalusia is providing all non-resident international travellers (non-EU) with free Covid insurance for stays at any type of regulated establishment in the region between 1 January and 31 December 2021.
As a regulated member of the Andalucía segura programme, all clients staying with Nerja Paradise Rentals will automatically be covered for this Covid related insurance which covers;
- Medical, surgical and hospitalisation costs,
- Medical costs of transportation and repatriation,
- Transportation and repatriation,
- Costs for the extended stay by the insured and companions (including quarantine).
Check out the following link for more information; https://www.andalucia.org/en/travel-assistance-insurance
Given that almost all travel insurance policies will not cover Covid related costs, this is a huge advantage to tourists visiting Nerja and Andalusia!
For UK citizens travelling to Europe after Brexit on the 1st January 2021, your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or the new Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) will be valid if you’re travelling to an EU country. Check https://www.gov.uk/visit-europe-1-january-2021 for more information.
EU citizens are covered for healthcare as normal in Spain.
LENGTH OF STAY POST BREXIT
Non EU and non-UK tourists will need to apply for a Schengen Visa https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/ - the process for application depends on your nationality.
If you’re a tourist travelling from the UK, you do not need a visa for short trips to Spain. You’ll be able to stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period.
EU tourists have no restrictions on the length of stay in Spain, but must register with the National Police for stays of more than three months.
Non EU and UK tourists wishing to stay for longer than 90 days may apply for a visa to stay in Spain - depending on their specific circumstances. There are different visas for retiring to Spain, for non-lucrative residence, studying in Spain and working and living in Spain. You will need to check with the Spanish Embassy in your country of residence for the visas available and application process.
UK residents should check the Spanish Consulate website http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/LONDRES/en/Consulado/Pages/Visas.aspx.
CURRENT RESTRICTIONS IN NERJA
- Masks must be worn in all internal public places and in situations where social distancing of 1.5 metres cannot be maintained in outside spaces - and social distancing measures must be followed.
- You may travel freely within Spain - although communities with a high infection rate will be restricted. Check the following interactive map to see which communities are restricted - you may NOT travel to those coloured dark orange or brown - only those which are the lighter yellowy/orange or blue colour: https://www.mapacovid.es/
- Bars and restaurants may open until 00:00 midnight. 10 persons permitted in terrace tables and 8 persons in tables inside.
- Discos and specific licensed “bar de copas” may open until 02:00.
- There are no restrictions on opening hours of shops and other businesses.